|장소: 성공회대 새천년관 7417호
|발표: 심보선 (경희사이버대학 교수)
Identity Politics and the Critical Discussion about the Concept of ‘a Politics of the Performative’
– We associate Identity Politics with the concept of disidentification by criticizing theoretically and reconstructing the Politics of the Performative
This discussion presents the possibility of disidentification politics in a newly formed equal community through the critical analysis of performative identity.
Disidentificatied politics has changed certain discussions, laws and symbols, which were considered universal and righteous, into democratic works in the truest sense.
Through disidentificatied politics, discussions, laws and symbols tightly bound to the socialo rder will be liberated from their imprisonment and become the performative language for a new political identity.
● Date: December 5th, 2011 3PM to 5PM
● Venue: Humanities ＆ Social Sciences Building 7417
Shim Bo-seon (Professor of KyungHee Cyber Univ.)
– Graduated from the Department of Sociology at Seoul University
– Masters Degree from the Department of Sociology at Seoul University
– Doctoral Degree from the Department of Sociology at Columbia University
– Research professor at IEAS at Sungkonghoe University (2008)
– Member of the Steering Committee of Moonji Cultural Institute SAII (2007~ )
– Visiting scholar at the Institute for Social Development and Policy Research at Seoul University (2006~2008)
– Head of a team at Art Center NABI (2006)
– Journalist at JoongAng Daily in New York (2001~2002)
– Member of the Planning Committee for the New York Korea Film Festival (2001~2001).