- Inter-Asia Cultural Studies Society (IACSS)
- Institution for East Asian Studies (IEAS) at Sungkonghoe University
- Korean Association of Cultural Studies, School of Film, TV & Multimedia at Korea National University of Arts
- Supporters: National Research Foundation of Korea
2. THEME STATEMENT
“Worlding: Asia Beyond/After Globalization”
Globalization as a concept has reached an impasse exhausted of its potential to generate imagination and critique. Hence worlding, defined in various ways such as “the whole new way to globalize” and “the art of being global”. In worlding, we are invited to re-imagine globalization in a new light unaffected by the dominant discourses of state and business. Unlike globalization, wording is neither a fatalistic structural force nor the triumphant sweep of neoliberal capitalism. It is practice of world-making, a pursuit of an alternative globalization (or globalizations).The Inter-Asia cultural studies scholarship has been an effort to engage in cultural and intellectual construction of Asia. What Asia has been made during this initial phase? What Asia should be made in the future? With the theme of worlding, the 2017 conference hopes to re-examine the efforts thrown thus far and to appreciate emerging trans-bordering forms in Asia outside or in the gaps and cracks in the neoliberal hegemon. The term should open up new research areas and agendas of inter-Asia cultural studies.
3. IMPORTANT DATES
- Submission deadline: Jan 31, 2017 (closed)
- Announcement of acceptance: March 1, 2017 (announced)
- Registration: March 1 – April 30, 2017 (Early-bird), May 1 – July 10, 2017 (Regular)
- Conference: July 28-30, 2017
If you have questions, please email to email@example.com .